INTERNAL REQUEST PROCESS TO ORDER ITEMS WITH DUKE'S NAME AND/OR TRADEMARKS
Duke's Trademark Licensing Policy requires that all items bearing any of Duke's names, trademarks, logos, images, or those for Duke organizations, departments, events, etc. be purchased only from Duke Licensees.
A Duke Licensee is a company that is authorized to manufacture or print items that bear Duke's name, trademarks, logos, images, etc. for Duke organizations and departments.
Most orders for Duke organizations and departments for Duke branded/logoed items are sourced from Promotional Products Companies. Promotional Products Companies produce almost anything that can be branded with Duke's name or logos for virtually any purpose, event, or cause. Common items include t-shirts, caps, other apparel, key chains, bumper stickers, pens, mugs, mouse pads, picture frames, gift items, tote bags, school/office supplies, lanyards, banners, flags, license plates & frames, water bottles, magnets, andy many more such products.
Following is a list of several Promotional Products Companies who are 1Duke Licensees.
• J&K Screenprinting Co., in Hillsborough, N.C. 919-732-5918 (Josh at email@example.com)
• G. Alan, Inc. in Durham, N.C. 919-544-0055 (Gregory@imwithg.com)
• Body Billboards in Durham, N.C. 919-544-4540 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can find more Licensees under the Duke Licensees tab to the left.
Steps to order items with Duke's Name and/or Trademarks
1. Select and contact a Duke Licensee, and discuss the item(s) and design(s) you want. The Duke Licensee will request that you answer a short list of questions which will provide the information needed to process your order.
2. Once you and the Duke Licensee have agreed on the final items and designs, the Duke Licensee will create mock-ups of each item and design you wish to order, and will email those mock-ups, along with your answers to the questions and other pertinent information, to Duke's Office of Trademark Licensing.
3. The review and approval process in the Office of Trademark Licensing usually takes 2-4 business days. However, you should always try to allow up to 2 weeks in case there are issues that need to be resolved.
4. The approval, or the changes needed before your order can be finalized, will be communicated by Duke's Office of Trademark Licensing to the Duke Licensee you are working with.
5. Upon final approval from Duke's Office of Trademark Licensing, the Duke Licensee will then process your order.
DUKE UNIVERSITY STORES